Nestor Schnasse became a lawyer to help others in times of crisis. For over 15 years he has done just that, representing people who have been seriously hurt or lost a loved one. His law practice has been devoted to litigating such claims against large corporations, government entities, and insurance carriers. The mission of his law firm is simple: to help people work through tough legal problems efficiently and to fight for what is right.
In addition to his law practice, Nestor makes time to give back to the community through professional associations, local government and volunteer work. He has served on the boards of the Marin County Bar Association and Marin Trial Lawyers Association. He currently serves on the City of Novato’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Commission, using his experience with how things can go horribly wrong to push for improvements to the City’s infrastructure. Being a youth-program leader also keeps Nestor involved in volunteer work throughout the year, from conservation projects to food-drives.
Before going to law school, Nestor competed in national and international bicycle road races. He joined a Dutch racing team to compete throughout Europe, and then raced several seasons as a professional throughout the United States and Australia. International competition provided much more than a foundation of discipline, planning and tactical thinking. It also exposed him to living conditions around the world. Some were inspiring examples of efficiency and equality, others marked by inequality and profound need. Nestor remains focused on those in need, and driven by his commitment to individual and social justice.
- Super Lawyers 2019 – 2021 (5% of lawyers through peer review)
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2016 (2.5% of lawyers in practice for 10 years or less)
- President, Consumer Attorneys of Marin, President 2011-2012 (Member 2005 to present)
- Board of Directors, Marin County Bar Association, 2018-2021 (Member 2006 to present)
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member 2005 to present
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association, Member 2006 to present
- State Bar of California, 2006
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 2014
Education and Honors
University of San Francisco School of Law, Juris Doctor, May 2005
CALI Award for Excellence in Legal Research and Writing
University of California at Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts, Rhetoric, May 2001
Highest Distinction in General Scholarship (summa cum laude), Honors in the Major
- City of Novato’s Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Commissioner 2016 to present
- Executive Board of the Marin Council, BSA, Member 2016 to present